My love of baking and cake decorating goes back to childhood, but it wasn’t until my early 30’s that I began pursuing my cake dreams.
In 2000, I graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Political Science and started my career in politics. For over a decade I had a successful yet unfulfilling career working for elected officials, non-profits and political organizations in Washington D.C. and in states all over the country.
At the end of yet another campaign in 2010, I decided the time was right to pursue my dream of being a cake maker! I knew very early on that I didn’t want to be just any baker, I wanted to make elaborate and over the top wedding and event cakes. Sylvia Weinstock has always been my biggest inspiration and my dream was to one-day make cakes just like her!
When I first began taking cake decorating and baking classes, I was instantly hooked! I spent a year of study at the Baking and Cake Art Academy in Los Angeles, but I’m primarily self-taught. After seven years of study and practice, I now have my own business making unique works of art for clients in Los Angeles, Southern California and all over the country.
Colin’s Cake Philosophy
- Art: All cakes are custom designed, one-of-a-kind pieces of art
- Heart & Soul: The greatest gift anyone can give is a gift made with your own two hands, which is why I pour my heart and soul into every cake
- Handmade: All cakes & decorations are made with my own two hands
- Inspiration: I draw inspiration for my cakes from the client, nature, art & fashion
- Client: All cakes are a reflection of the client, their vision & their event